Sunday, May 2, 2010

SMS - Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles

Oh MY! Rich, rich, rich! Thank you Mara for a delicious recipe this week! Go to Mara's blog for the recipe and look at how she made her truffles. Totally different from my own. So good!

I still maintain that the peanut butter is a little lost in the bittersweet chocolate; I used Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate, and boy are these little candies sugar/caffeine potent. I can still hear my heart beating after eating just one so I think I will make the rest a LOT smaller. These little truffles are CUTE! We loved the crushed, roasted peanuts.The recipe makes oodles! I only used one-quarter of the chocolate ganache and the rest is solidifying in the refrigerator. After 3 hours, only the top 1/2 was thick enough to make into truffles.Such fun little candies to make and share!
Below are photos are this morning when I started the post. The ganache for this truffle was already thick before putting into the refrigerator.
Nothing like doing an entry backwards. Sorry for being confusing. I just did not want to miss out this week.The Peanut Butter Truffles chosen by Mara of Love Your Mother Earth is FINISHED and I rolled them in the roasted, crushed peanuts. I did not alter the recipe but wished I had changed the chocolate to semi-sweet because the bittersweet seems to be overwhelming my peanut butter flavor, even though extra creamy peanut butter was added. Happy baking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment