Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Do You Know What You Want In A Mate???

"i like nice eyes"

"i love guys with nice bodies"

"i hate it when females wear excessive amounts of make-up"

"i'm attracted to light-skinned guys"



everyone reading this blog has said something similar to one of these things, but is the person you describe as your preference really who you end up with??



When i was younger i used to sit down and write lists of all the physical qualities that i'd want in my significant other. Some of them included that he be dark-skinned, have braids or a neat cut, be taller than me, know how to dress and that he have nice eyes and a nice smile.



As i got older, my list changed EVERY single time. Something about my preferences ALWAYS changed and it made me think...does it really matter what our preferences are because no one really goes by them. If you were to ask me today what kind of guy i liked, my answer would be SO simple....



one that makes me laugh.



no, that's not ALL i want in my mate but it is the single first thing that i am attracted to. i dont care how good you look and if you meet every single preference that i have...if our personalities clash, it's NOT gonna work out.



If you took every guy i used to date or deal with on a level deeper than sex...NONE of these guys would look the same...so do i really have a preference. Now that i'm getting older, my preferences seems to be very different. i find myself more attracted to light skinned guys, bald guys, taller guys. But if a dark skinned dude with dreds that was the same height as me had me cracking up the first time we met...i'm gonna give him a chance.



I'd much rather live my life full of meaningful convos, laughter and being able to relate to who i end up with in the long run...then to sit there and just have a nigga i can look at who has a nasty attitude and no respect.



but trust...if i could combine BOTH...woooo weeee!!

i actually found someone who possessed all the INNER qualities i want in a man (& Lord knows he keeps me DYING LAUGHING)...as well as the OUTER beauty (because he is FINE!!)...just waiting for time and God to do their work ;-)





but anywho: Do you have any preferences? If so, how long have you had them and have they ever changed? Are looks or personality more important to you? Or are they both equally necessary in your relationships???

No comments:

Post a Comment