Monday, November 15, 2010

Talking with Louisa Bacio


A Season of Anthologies

By Louisa Bacio

From Halloween through the winter holidays and all the way past Valentine’s Day, the reading season becomes perfect for themed anthologies. Look at the new releases, and you’ll see a myriad of “Winter Wonderland” and “The Secret Christmas Baby” stories filling the shelves.

Last year, I read Julie Kenner’s “Starstruck.” The cover featured a gorgeous bare-chested man kissing a woman over his shoulder, while both stood next to a Christmas tree. Nestled inside the book, Kenner featured a holiday cocktail of hot cocoa and peppermint schnapps. Yum! Didn’t know what I wanted to do more: finish the read or head to the store for supplies. (The supplies won out because what would be more perfect while reading to heat things up?)

On romantic rendezvous nights such as New Year’s Eve, who doesn’t want to dream about sharing an illicit kiss under a full moon? As a mom with two small children, what’s the odds that my hunky, muscle-bound (and never sick) lover will whisk me off in a stretch limo, with our bags already packed, to a weekend in Rome? Ah, zilch. Instead, reality tells me that I’ll be doing the packing, as we head to my mother-in-law’s, and the entire household will be suffering from a cold, including myself.

We want to live, even if it’s vicariously, through the wonder of the written word. Maybe sip a few new concoctions and feel connected with others. And then there’s always the possibility of hope.

No need to buy, and wrap, gifts. Santa will take care of it, right? Homemade crescent rolls for dinner? Not this year … Screw those New Year’s resolutions! I’ll be spending all my free time reading.

Now if you’ll excuse me, my hot chocolate grows cold, and I’ve got to finish writing a short story that I plan to submit to a holiday anthology.  Time to get into the spirit os the season.

So, tell me, what’s your favorite seasonal time to read? Do you look for a certain type of story around the winter holidays? How about Valentine’s Day? What do you hope to read?

Bio:

Louisa Bacio started reading A. N. Roquelaure’s Sleeping Beauty series at an impressionable age, and has been hooked on erotic romance ever since. She believes that everyone should have a little love, and a lot of pleasure, in their lives.
Bacio enjoys soaking up the sun in Southern California, and spending time with her family.
For more thrills, check out Bacio’s debut erotic thriller Sex University: Physical Education. Her story “Two’s Company” can be found in I Kissed a Girl: A Virgin Lesbian Anthology, and “The Wait” can be read in Rekindled Fire: An Anthology of Reunited Lovers. Drop in for a visit at http://louisabacio.blogspot.com/.


No comments:

Post a Comment