Thursday, March 31, 2011

Addiction: Most People Can’t Function Without Their Smartphones


“We expect that Nokia’s smartphone portfolio will make further significant market share losses during 2011 and 2012 until it has completed its adoption of Microsoft’s Windows Phone software as its new primary software platform for smartphones” said Standard & Poor’s credit analyst, Matthias Raab.

Listen, I love my smartphone too, and I spend way too much time on it as I’m sure you do as well, but I think it’s important to know the difference between what can be done on your mobile device and what should be handled on a good old-fashioned desktop.

If you want a larger display, go play on your computer, or go buy a tablet. I agree that it’s beneficial to be able to handle tasks on-the-go, or watch TV when you’re waiting in the doctor’s office, but the line has to be drawn somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment