Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cover Love-Books I am itching to read!

Ok, I love really great covers. You know the ones...those eye catching, "OH MY GOD, I NEED IT NOW" covers. The ones that 'POP' and say BUY ME! *grins* I found a few that have me itching to read NOW! I know there are a ton more (I should know, I have a 3-ring notebook full of titles and authors I want to read or are reading) that I can put here but then I would be here all day, not getting any work done at EDJ. So here are a few upcoming books I am dying to read. Any others you think I should check out or put on the list? I am always up for suggestions. *smiles*

*~*~*~*~*


Harvest Hunting
Book 8 in Otherworld Series
Yasmine Galenorn
Release date-October 28th, 2010
Pre-order HERE at Amazon

It's Samhain, and the Autumn Lord has called for my training to begin with the Death Maidens...and I find that I like it. But we've got problems: werewolves are going missing and a new magical drug, "Wolf Briar," is being used as a weapon. My dear Chase and I have come to a delicate crossroads. And most dangerous of all: Stacia Bonecrusher has put a bounty on our heads. Now it's a race to take out the demon general before she realizes the sixth Spirit Seal is within her reach...
***


River Marked
Mercy Thompson #6
Patricia Briggs
Release date: January 26th, 2011
Pre-Order at Amazon HERE

Car mechanic Mercy Thompson has always known there was something different about her, and not just the way she can make a VW engine sit up and beg. Mercy is a shapeshifter, a talent she inherited from her long-gone father. She's never known any others of her kind. Until now.

An evil is stirring in the depths of the Columbia River-one that her father's people may know something about. And to have any hope of surviving, Mercy and her mate, the Alpha werewolf Adam, will need their help...
 
***



Firewalker
Stormwalker #2
Allyson James
Release Date: November 2nd, 2010
Pre-Order at Amazon HERE

Janet Begay's Crossroads Hotel has attracted the supernatural ever since it opened. But a new, dark power is rising, this time inside Janet herself. Her boyfriend Mick, a sexy dragon shapeshifter the Navajo call a Firewalker, know what terrifying magic is threatening to overwhelm Janet and her Stormwalker powers. He watches over her, ready to fight for her, to do anything to keep her safe.

But then a mysterious corpse is found near the Crossroads Hotel-and Janet becomes the main suspect. Now Janet and Mick must uncover what really happened, and their investigation leads to the most perilous decision of their lives... 

***


The Sworn
The Fallen Kings #1
Spin-off to The Necromancer Series
Fantasy
Release date: January 25th, 2011
Pre-order at Amazon HERE

Summoner-King Martris Drayke must attempt to meet this great threat, gathering an army from a country ravaged by civil war. Tris seeks new allies from among the living - and the dead - as an untested generation of rulers face their first battle. Meanwhile, the legendary Dread are stirring in their burrows after millennia of silence and no one knows what hand wakes them and whom they will serve when they rise.

Now, Drayke turns to the Sworn, a nomadic clan of warriors bound to protect the Dread. But even the mighty Sworn do not know what will happen when the Dread awake. All are certain, though, that war is coming to the Winter Kingdoms.

THE SWORN is the beginning of a new adventure set in the world of The Chronicles of the Necromancer. 

*~*~*~*~*

Honorable Mentions: Pale Demon (Kim Harrison), Shadow Walker (L. A. Banks/YA), The Black Prisim (Brent Weeks), Ascendant (Diana Peterfreund), Vampires Not Invited (Cheyenne McCray) and many more.




No comments:

Post a Comment