Saturday, May 14, 2011

One of my favorite Series is back~Knights of the Darkness Chronicles by DN Simmons

When I go looking for a book or series, I always look for three items to make me want to pick it up.

1) Good storyline-it has to hook me by end of chapter one in order for me to read more.
2) Intriguing characters-I need more than one dimensional characters. I need those bad boys with hearts of gold, the women who can tame said bad boys and strong characters that won't turn around and become TSTL*.
3) I need the sex scenes to enhance said storyline, not take it over completely. 
*To stupid to live

I am a story snob-100%. Sometiumes the cover doesn't do it for me but if the book blurb intrigues me, I will pick it up and nine times out of ten, I found a gem to keep.

I "meet" author D. N. Simmons when I first started reviewing, years ago and I loved that she was self-publishing her work and had a series that sounded so ambitious, it had me curious. I got her first book, Desires Unleashed and I was hooked by end of chapter one. It had vampires, shifters, mystery, romance and sex all rolled up with a blood red bow.

Since then I have eagerly anticipated the next adventure in this series and with each book, she just kept getting better and better, IMHO. Yes there were earlier editing mistakes and whatnot but she recently had the books re-edited and made them polished so brightly they practically blind you when reading. Now the earlier books have awesome new covers and a brand new book was released, The Lion's Den, this year as well.

Now let me take you into the world of the Knights of the Darkness Chronicles and author D. N. Simmon's vivid imagination.


Book 1: Desires Unleashed introduces you to the world of supernaturals, humans and the world they live in now. It's a new time as humans and supernaturals co-exist in uneasy harmony. A supernatural serial killer is on the loose in Chicago and it will take the efforts of two detectives from the S.U.I.T (Supernatural Unit Investigation Team), the supernatural community and a few select humans to find a way to beat this mad man before it's too late. Here is where we meet the main players-Master Vampire Darian, his second in command and lover, Xavier, Eloise and the Cheetah Pride and the human woman, Natasha, who will find herself thrust in the middle of it all.



Book 2: The Guilty Innocent continues the story as Darian, Xavier and Natasha find themselves trying to find out who set up Darian for a crime he didn't commit. It will take Xavier, Natasha and all their friends to find out who did this and why before all hell breaks loose.


Book 3: The Royal Flush has a threat after the vampires, pack and pride shifters on the edge. A team of big game hunters are hunting the ultimate game-supernaturals.  Can Darian, Xavier and all their friends find a way to stop them before it's too late?








Book 4: Hostile Territory now has Darian, Xavier and Natasha in a relationship (M/M/F Threesome) and as they try to accept the changes in their lives, an event happens that will either bring them closer together or destroy everything-and everyone-in their lives.









Book 5: The Lions Den continues as Darian, Eloise, Xavier and other supernaturals find out that a dangerous menance is about to tear their territory apart and they have no idea who is the hunter and who is the prey. It's their deadliest enemy to date as they have no care who they hurt and the pain they cause.


Are you ready to experience the Knights of the Darkness Chronicles? Hang on to your seats as the ride is about to get wild and bumpy. You don't want to miss any of these wonderful books and I can't wait to read The Lion's Den.

Want to find out more about this author and the Knights series? Come on over to her website HERE and see what tickles your fancy. This series is available for Amazon Kindle, the nook and in trade paperback.

No comments:

Post a Comment